PROFILE

My photo
MC,TV/RADIO HOST,PRODUCER,CONCEPTUAL ARTISTE,PR PERSONNEL,ENTREPRENEUR AND CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER FOR ELBATIVENI IMPRESSIONS AND CONSULT. Destiny is a deep thinking person and now,blogger.I love to write about Personal Developement and Life's Wisdom. If you are looking for a specified field this may not be your typical blogger but you might still hit a smile point; if you care to join me. My pieces are from series of Life enhancing lessons from my own reality life experiences.You will find that the subjects range from wide perspectives. They are downright ECLECTIC ! - A reflection of how I perceive life. I bet you've got something to tell too.You are welcome to make contributions through comments suggestions, questions and answers. Lets Have fun!

Monday 24 June 2013

NOW FIGHT!

I saw a movie this weekend. At first, when a friend handed me  THE SUCKER PUNCH,  I promised to  see it chiefly to make someone else happy and since I was not having much load of activities planned,  I reckoned I could sit through and have myself  really really watch.

It was supposed to be one of those movies I fast forward to the end and probably turned off , but it turned out to be one of those I happened to learn a lot from. I got so hit by some quotes and lines I could use for the rest of my life and possibly maybe you will too.

Obviously this is not a blog spot for film  reviews but at least let me try to give you something that looks like a summary:

"Sucker Punch" is an epic action fantasy that takes us into the vivid imagination of a young girl whose dream world provides the ultimate escape from her darker reality. Unrestrained by the boundaries of time and place, she is free to go where her mind takes her, and her incredible adventures blur the lines between what's real and what is imaginary. She has been locked away against her will, but Babydoll (Emily Browning) has not lost her will to survive. Determined to fight for her freedom, she urges four other young girls-the reluctant Sweet Pea (Abbie Cornish), the outspoken Rocket (Jena Malone), the street-smart Blondie (Vanessa Hudgens) and the fiercely loyal Amber (Jamie Chung)-to band together and try to escape a terrible fate at the hands of their captors, Blue (Oscar Isaac) and Madam Gorski (Carla Gugino), before the mysterious High Roller (Jon Hamm) comes for Babydoll. Led by Babydoll, the girls engage in fantastical warfare against everything from samurais to serpents, with a virtual arsenal at their disposal. Together, they must decide what they are willing to sacrifice in order to stay alive. But with the help of a Wise Man (Scott Glenn), their unbelievable journey-if they succeed-will set them free.. -- (C) Warner Bros


Honestly, it is neither the plot, storyline nor the characterization that did it for me. It was the powerful lines that  jumped out into my reality. I found Diamonds in the midst of roughs! Eureka!

I do not know if you will ever see this movie but I want to make sure that you share what I learnt. It is so amazing to me I need to  put it out here for you to see. Now these are my epiphanies:

To me, the loads of pieces here and there relates to life. To survive you will have to FIGHT your way through with your will, strength of emotion and your mind. Knowing what your weapons are ,as you will see below and the way to utilize them will be your constant asset on the path to your unraveling story.

In this sense, a MAP then will mean your vision; a FIRE will be your inner drive and passion,the inner light that helps you see the way even when other people do not see it; Your KNIFE will mean your personal convictions and belief system that helps you to decide on what goes or stays,what needs to be cut off from your reality; Your KEY will be your talents and giftings...it is what will give you entrance to the playing field where you want to be.

In truth, all of these might come at you in a different order but somehow I do believe something in all of it will jump out to you ,and maybe you will shout 'EUREKA!' too .

So please if it does, do leave a line for me on which one actually got you.

I am going to start off with some of those beautiful quotes from the interactions and end with my favorite power-lines :


HERE WE GO!


"It is like we talk about. You control this world. Let the pain go.Let the hurt go. Let the guilt go. What you are imagining right now...that world you control? That place can be as real as any pain".

"I am going to play you some music okay? I want you to just relax.Feel the music.Open your heart to it.Let it in. And when you are ready...I want you  to dance".

"If you do not dance,you have no purpose.And we do not keep things here that have no purpose. You see,your fight for survival starts right now'.

"You do not want to be judged? You will not be.You do not think you are strong?..You are! You are afraid?...Don't be! You have all the weapons you need, now FIGHT!"

"You know, for those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know. It is yours. It is your story. Now is the time. And remember, when your story begins; don't screw it up".

"These are your weapons.When you take them you begin your journey to freedom; you will need five items for the journey. The first is a MAP. Then a FIRE, a KNIFE  and a KEY. The fifth thing is a mystery.It is the 'REASON'. It is the goal. It will be a  deep sacrifice and a perfect victory.Only you can find it. And if you do...it will set you free...oh, and one more thing, defend yourself".


MY FAVORITE POWER-LINES
Everyone has an angel. A guardian who watches over us.We can't know what form they will take. One day old man, next day little girl. But do not let appearances fool you. They can  be as fierce as any dragon.Yet they are not here to fight our battles...
...But to whisper from our hearts...Reminding that it is "us".

It is every one of us who holds the power over the world we create.

We can deny our angels exist...convince ourselves they can not be real. But they show up anyway. At strange places and at strange times.They can speak through any character we can imagine. They will shout through demons if they have to...daring us..challenging us to FIGHT.

And finally, this question; the mystery of whose story it will be?...of who draws the curtain. Who is it that chooses our steps in the dance?

Who drives us mad...lashes us with whips...and crowns us the victory when we survive the impossible?

Who is it?...that does all these things?

Who honours those we love with the very life we live? ...Who sends monsters to kill us..and at the same time sings that we will never die? Who teaches us what is real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we will die to defend? ...Who chains us? And who holds the key that can set us free?

                                                                     IT IS YOU!
                               
                                             YOU HAVE ALL THE WEAPONS YOU NEED,
                                                                    NOW FIGHT!


Yeah...There you have it: "NOW FIGHT!"
                                       

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm I have not seen this movie but these excerpts are already have me salivating. The message is right tho. These five weapons can only be used by us and no one else. No one can use if for us. My favorite line in all listed above is:

    "Everyone has an angel. A guardian who watches over us.We can't know what form they will take. One day old man, next day little girl. But do not let appearances fool you. They can  be as fierce as any dragon.Yet they are not here to fight our battles...
    ...But to whisper from our hearts...Reminding that it is "us".

    It is only us that can fight our battles ourselves. And until we begin to fight it, we can only achieve so little. But if we can listen to our angel who is comstantly reminding us of who we are and the great potentials we have, we may just begin the process of arming ourselves with these weapons.

    *errrrmm. Am off to see that movie.

    Izuchukwu Onyebuchi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh!
      That tugs at my heart.Yes they are indeed some powerful lines.I felt soooo empowered by them too.

      Am glad you liked it. Thank you for sparing me your time Aaron.I appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. And hey,do have an awesome July Aaron!

      Delete